I am a second-year CS Ph.D. student (Aug. 2021-present) at the University of Virginia, where I work on Human-Computer Interaction. My PhD advisor is Seongkook Heo.
I'm interested in Human-Computer Interaction, Video-Mediated Communication, Proxemics, and AR/VR for Remote Collaboration.
- E. Hu, J. Grønbæk, W. Ying, R. Du, and S. Heo, “ThingShare: Ad-Hoc Digital Copies of Physical Objects for Sharing Things in Video Meetings”, in Proceedings of the 2023 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '23), 2023.
- E. Hu, J. Grønbæk, A. Houck, and S. Heo, “OpenMic: Utilizing Proxemic Metaphors for Conversational Floor Transitions in Multiparty Video Meetings,” in Proceedings of the 2023 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '23), 2023
- E. Hu, M. A. R. Azim, and S. Heo, “Fluidmeet: Enabling Frictionless Transitions Between In-Group, Between-Group, and Private Conversations During Virtual Breakout Meetings”, in Proceedings of the 2022 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '22), 2022, Link.
- E. Pakdamanian, E. Hu, S. Sheng, S. Kraus, S. Heo, and L. Feng, "Enjoy the Ride Consciously with CAWA: Context-Aware Advisory Warnings for Automated Driving", in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive
Vehicular Applications (AutomotiveUI '22), Sep. 2022.
Poster and Demos
- A. Narayanan, E. Hu, and S. Heo. Enabling Remote Hand Guidance in
Video Calls Using Directional Force Illusion. In Companion Publication of the 2022 Conference
on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, (CSCW’22 Adjunct), 2022.